DELVIC Sanitation Initiatives S.A. is a Senegalese company, specialized in the treatment and valuation of sludge. Our contribution and services encompass the entire value chain of onsite sanitation. Delvic Sanitation Initiatives was the first private African company to manage Fecal Sludge Treatment Plants (FSTPs), such as the nine FSTPs in Dakar, Thiès, and Diourbel regions of Senegal as part of a public private partnership (PPP) with the National Office of Sanitation of Senegal (ONAS). Delvic Sanitation Initiatives is also the first global privately held African company selected by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to acquire and operate the “Sedron Bioenergy Omniprocessor, a technological innovation that valorizes the treatment of fecal sludge and solid wastes by producing by-products such as electricity, water of excellent quality for industrial application and ashes to be used in agriculture and civil engineering.
Today Senegal is a reference in onsite sanitation, largely due to the public-private partnership granted by ONAS (National Office of Sanitation of Senegal), in the delegation of sanitation services along the sanitation value chain.
A bet won in Senegal by Delvic, who has become an important player in the sanitation sector in general and fecal sludge management in particular, which allowed us to extend our expertise in developing countries to become an African leader in productive sanitation.
Delvic has been selected to participate in the following programs and projects.
- Program of Structuring the Sludge Market of the National Office of Sanitation of Senegal (ONAS).
- Program for Strengthening Partnerships for Sanitation Operators in Africa (RASOP Africa), initiated by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and implemented by the African Water Association (AAE).
- Global Evaluation and Monitoring project of Fecal Sludge Treatment Plants (eFSTP) in partnership with the Department of Sanitation, Water and Solid Waste for Development SANDEC at the Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Sciences and Technology (Eawag).
- Structuring Program of the Sludge Drainage Sector in Yaoundé and Niamey.
- Stanford Seed Program to share its experience of African private enterprise 100% dedicated to onsite sanitation during the African Business Forum.
Worldwide, poor sanitation, recognized as a major cause of water-borne diseases, causes more than 1,200 deaths of children under five years of age per day.
Inadequate sanitation in Africa, including Senegal, is a major problem that is only increasing with population growth and trends such as water scarcity and urbanization.
As a stakeholder in the process of development and modernization of Senegalese individual sanitation, we are dedicated to the modernization of onsite sanitation and the treatment of the fecal sludge in particular, by providing sanitation solutions adapted to the market needs.
We provide services on the collection, transportation, treatment and recovery of fecal sludge as well as training, consulting, and engineering services, and support on the management of sludge and industrial wastewater.
We also work on the construction and rehabilitation of sanitation facilities.
Our values are the lasting beliefs that form the basis of our culture.
- Team spirit, initiative and unparalleled professionalism
Solve important problems and win as a team. As a competent and efficient team, we perform our work at the highest level of professionalism, trust the people around us, practice and train our staff as professionals, and execute with confidence. Our ability to play and win as a team is the cornerstone of our success.
Every employee of Delvic has to believe in the person she or he wants to become and in the vision of the company.
- Environmental Protection
Protecting and valuing the environment means keeping our planet and society safe and sustainable for generations to come, and that is Delvic’s daily life.
- Customer satisfaction through innovation
In order to help our customers, we first need to deeply understand what they value and how they succeed. Only then can we develop and propose appropriate and innovative solutions.
Quality of service is a state of mind that says we care more about those we serve around us than ourselves.